عَنْ عَبْدِ اللهِ بْنِ سِنَانٍ عَنْ ذَرِيحٍ الْمُحَارِبِيِّ قَالَ قُلْتُ لِاَبِي عَبْدِ اللهِؑ اِنَّ اللهَ اَمَرَنِي فِيْ كِتَابِهِ بِاَمْرٍ فَاُحِبُّ اَنْ اَعْمَلَهُ قَالَ وَ مَا ذَاكَ قُلْتُ قَوْلُ اللهِ عَزَّ وَ جَلَّ ثُمَّ لْيَقْضُوا تَفَثَهُمْ وَ لْيُوفُوا نُذُورَهُمْ قَالَ لْيَقْضُوا تَفَثَهُمْ لِقَاءُ الْاِمَامِ وَ لْيُوفُوا نُذُورَهُمْ تِلْكَ الْمَنَاسِكُ قَالَ عَبْدُ اللهِ بْنُ سِنَانٍ فَاَتَيْتُ اَبَا عَبْدِ اللهِؑ فَقُلْتُ جُعِلْتُ فِدَاكَ قَوْلُ اللهِ عَزَّ وَ جَلَّ ثُمَّ لْيَقْضُوا تَفَثَهُمْ وَ لْيُوفُوا نُذُورَهُمْ قَالَ اَخْذُ الشَّارِبِ وَ قَصُّ الْاَظْفَارِ وَ مَا اَشْبَهَ ذٰلِكَ قَالَ قُلْتُ جُعِلْتُ فِدَاكَ اِنَّ ذَرِيحَ الْمُحَارِبِيِّ حَدَّثَنِي عَنْكَ بِاَنَّكَ قُلْتَ لَهُ لْيَقْضُوا تَفَثَهُمْ لِقَاءُ الْاِمَامِ وَ لْيُوفُوا نُذُورَهُمْ تِلْكَ الْمَنَاسِكُ فَقَالَ صَدَقَ ذَرِيحٌ وَ صَدَقْتَ اِنَّ لِلْقُرْآنِ ظَاهِرًا وَ بَاطِنًا وَ مَنْ يَحْتَمِلُ مَا يَحْتَمِلُ ذَرِيحٌ
Abdullah Ibn Sinaan says that Zuraih (or Zareeh) al-Muhaarebi reported, “I asked Imam Abu Abdillah (al-Sadeq a.s.), ‘Verily, Allah ordered me in His Book, so I love that I act upon it.’ He (peace be upon him) asked, ‘What is it?’ I replied, ‘The word of Allah – Mighty and Majestic be He – ‘then let them accomplish their needful acts, and let them fulfil their vows’ (Surah Hajj (22): Verse 29). He (peace be upon him) informed, ‘Let them accomplish their needful acts means meeting the Imam and let them fulfil their vows refers to these rituals (of Hajj).” Abdullah Ibn Sinaan says, “I came to Imam Abu Abdillah (al-Sadeq a.s.) and asked, ‘May I be held your ransom! (What is the meaning of the word of Allah – Mighty and Majestic be He – Then let them accomplish their needful acts, and let them fulfil their vows. He (peace be upon him) answered, ‘Shaving the moustache and trimming the nail and other similar acts.’ I said, ‘May I be held your ransom! Zuraih al-Muhaarebi narrated unto me from you that you said let them accomplish their needful acts means meeting the Imam and let them fulfil their vows refers to these rituals.’ Imam (peace be upon him) affirmed, ‘Zuraih has spoken the truth and I too have said the truth. Surely, for the Quran there is an apparent and a concealed. And who can bear what Zuraih can bear?’
1) Tradition shows that the level of Abdullah Ibn Sinaan was lower than that of Zuraih.
2) Generally, some people are busy with the recitation of Quran only for wordings. They ensure that they don’t commit any mistake while reciting. They are doing a good deed.
3) Another group is busy with better way of reciting like intonation, good voice, etc. along with correct recitation. This group is better than the first group.
4) Yet another group is busy with understanding the apparent meaning of the Holy Quran. This group is better than the previous two groups.
5) But the best group is the one who is busy in understanding the deeper meaning of the Holy Quran in the light of the traditions of the Ahle Bait (peace be upon them).
Visitation of Ahle Bait (peace be upon him) means during their lives or even after their deaths to visit their graves. Thus, it is a duty of every faithful to visit Madinah – in the least – after completing his Hajj or Umrah. This is a sign of his belief in the mastership of the Ahle Bait (peace be upon them).
1. Al-Kaafi, vol. 4, p. 549, H. 4 بَابُ اِتْبَاعِ الْحَجِّ بِالزِّيَارَةِ