عَنْ اَبِي جَعْفَرٍ عَنْ اَبِيهِ عَنْ جَدِّهِؑ قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللهِ ص مَنْ اَرَادَ التَّوَسُّلَ اِلَيَّ وَ اَنْ يَكُونَ لَهُ عِنْدِي يَدٌ اَشْفَعُ لَهُ بِهَا يَوْمَ الْقِيَامَةِ فَلْيَصِلْ اَهْلَ بَيْتِي وَ يُدْخِلِ السُّرُورَ عَلَيْهِمْ
Imam Abu Jafar (al-Baqer) (peace be upon him) narrates vide his ancestors (peace be upon him) that the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him and his holy progeny) said,
“Whoever desires my mediation and that my hand should be there for him by which I will intercede for him on the Day of Judgment, then he must join relations with my Ahle Bait (peace be upon them) and cause happiness unto them.”
1) It is impossible for any ordinary mortal to go to Paradise without the intercession and mediation of divine emissaries viz. the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him and his holy progeny) and his Ahle Bait (peace be upon him) because all of us – without exception – are having more sins in our accounts than good deeds.
2) The most basic condition of eligibility for the intercession and mediation of the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him and his holy progeny) on the Day of Judgment is to fasten unto the Ahle Bait (peace be upon them) and make them happy and joyous.
3) History has proved beyond any doubt that the Muslim nation, far from making the Ahle Bait (peace be upon them) happy and joyous, subjected them to the worst and most unimaginable tortures. Barely a week in the martyrdom of the Holy Prophet (peace be upon him and his holy progeny), his so-called companions came to the house of Hazrat Zahra (peace be upon her), burnt its door and assaulted her ruthlessly, leading to the miscarriage of her son Mohsin Ibn Ali (peace be upon him). This was followed up by the usurpation of Fadak and other criminal perpetrations. To get an idea of these, one can refer to the sentences of Dua-e-Nudbah.
1. Al-Amaali of al-Shaikh al-Saduq (r.a.), p. 379, H. 5, Majlis 60
2. Al-Amaali of al-Shaikh al-Toosi (r.a.), p. 423, H. 947/4, Majlis 15
3. Behaar al-Anwaar, vol. 26, p. 227, H. 1
4. Wasaael al-Shiah, vol. 7, p. 203, H. 9115, Chapter 42
5. Rauzah al-Waaezeen, vol.2, p. 273
6. Kashf al-Ghummah, vol. 1, p. 399