Ibn Qulawayh narrates that Muhammad Ibn Abdillah Ibn Ja’far al-Himyari narrated to me from his father from Ali Ibn Muhammad Ibn Saalim from Muhammad Ibn Khaalid from Abdullah Ibn Hammaad al-Basri from Abdullah Ibn Abd al-Rahmaan al-Asamm from Mu’aadh from Abaan Ibn Taghlib who narrates that I heard Imam Sadiq (a.s.) say,
“Whoever visits the grave of Imam Husain (a.s.), has associated himself with the Messenger of Allah (s.a.w.a.) and us. Slandering such a person is impermissible and it is forbidden for the hellfire to burn his flesh. For every dirham he spends, Allah shall grant him 10000 cities which will be recorded in a protected book. Allah will be after fulfilling his needs and whatever he left behind will also be safeguarded. He will not ask anything from Allah except that He shall most certainly grant him, whether immediately or with a delay.
[Kaamil al-Ziyaaraat, chapter 46, p. 127, H. 1]
- Many-a-times, it so happens that whoever intends to perform Ziyaarat, is worried about two specific aspects – expenses and family.
- The wealthy are always cautious about not spending more than what is required
- The one who has saved every penny for performing this Ziyaarat is worried that once he goes for Ziyaarat, his family back home should be safe.
- Imam Sadiq (a.s.) has guaranteed the safety of both.
- On one hand, Allah will reward 10000 cities for spending one dirham and that too, not the cities which will be annihilated in this world. Rather, 10000 cities in a protected book i.e. everlasting in Paradise.
- On the other hand, it has been guaranteed that whatever he has left behind will be safe.
- Hence, never be in two minds as to whether our worldly wealth will be safe after going for Ziyaarat or what will happen to our family once we go.
- Rely on Allah, entrust all affairs to Him, and try to perform the Ziyaarat of Aba Abdillah al-Husain (a.s.) as much as possible.
We pray to Allah to grant every lover of Imam Husain (a.s.) the good fortune of performing his Ziyaarat. Aameen, O Lord of the worlds!