عَنِ السَّكُونِيِّ عَنِ الصَّادِقِ عَنْ آبَائِهِ عَلَيْهِمُ السَّلَامُ قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللهِ ﷺ اَثْبَتُكُمْ قَدَمًا عَلَى الصِّرَاطِ اَشَدُّكُمْ حُبًّا لِاَهْلِ بَيْتِي
Al-Sukuni reports on the authority of Imam al-Sadeq (peace be on him) that the Messenger of Allah (peace be on him and his progeny) said, “The most steadfast among you in steps on the Bridge (Seraat) is the one who loves my Ahle Bait (peace be on them) the most.”
1) The Bridge (Seraat) will be established on the Day of Judgment from the field of the Hereafter till the Paradise and will pass over the Hell.
2) As per the authentic and consecutive traditions, this Bridge will thinner than a strand of hair and sharper than a sword.
3) The people of Paradise will pass through this Bridge and reach their destination. Of course, there will be grades: some will pass like lightning, some like race horses and others slowly. This speed will largely depend on one’s beliefs and deeds in this world. The most important criterion determining this speed will be the love of the Ahle Bait (peace be on them).
4) The people of Hell will not be able to complete the journey and fall in hell beneath.
1. Fazaael al-Shiah, p. 6, H. 3
2. Behaar al-Anwaar, vol. 8, p. 69, H. 16 and vol. 27, p. 158, H. 5