عَنْ عَبْدِ اللهِ بْنِ سِنَانٍ عَنْ أَبِي عَبْدِ اللهِ عَلَيْهِ السَّلَامُ قَالَ لَيْسَ النَّاصِبُ مَنْ نَصَبَ لَنَا أَهْلَ الْبَيْتِ لِأَنَّكَ لَا تَجِدُ رَجُلًا يَقُولُ أَنَا أُبْغِضُ مُحَمَّداً وَ آلَ مُحَمَّدٍ وَ لَكِنَّ النَّاصِبَ مَنْ نَصَبَ لَكُمْ وَ هُوَ يَعْلَمُ أَنَّكُمْ تَتَوَلَّوْنَا وَ أَنَّكُمْ مِنْ شِيعَتِنَا
Abdullah Ibn Senaan reports on the authority of Imam Abu Abdillah (al-Sadeq – peace be on him),
“A Naasebi is not the one who is the enemy of us Ahl al-Bait because you will not find a man saying I hate Muhammad and the progeny of Muhammad. But a Naasebi is the one who bears enmity against you (Shias) while knowing that you accept our mastership and that you are from our Shias.”
1. Elal al-Sharaae’, vol. 2, p. 601, H. 60, Chapter 385
2. Sefaat al-Shiah, p. 9, H. 17
3. Sawaab al-A’maal, p. 207
4. Majma’ al-Bahrain, vol. 2, p. 174
5. Behaar al-Anwaar, vol. 27, p. 232, H. 42, Chapter 10
6. Wasaael al-Shiah, vol. 9, p. 486, H. 12548, Chapter 2
1) No Muslim worth his salt will ever have the courage to announce that he hates the Holy Prophet and his progeny because he knows that such a statement will throw him out of the fold of Islam.
2) Naasebi is the one who hates Shias because the Shias accept the mastership of Ameerul Momineen and his infallible progeny (peace be on them all), even if apparently this naasebi claims to love the Holy Prophet (peace be on him and his progeny).
3) Please note: This enmity – as per this narration and several other narrations – is not due to Bara’ah but due to Welaayah. So all those who claim that Bara’ah leads to our enemies hating us are grossly mistaken. They hate us because we follow Ali (peace be on him) as the direct successor of the Holy Prophet (peace be on him and his progeny) and disregard the usurpers of caliphate. 4) They don’t confine this enmity to conceptual enmity only. Rather, they resort to all means and methods in their attempts to eliminate the Shias from the face of the earth. Wanton killings of the Shias throughout the Islamic world right through history prove this point evidently.