عَنْ اَبِي قُدَامَةَ الْفَدَّانِيِّ قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللهِ صَلَّي اللهُ عَلَيْهِ وَ آلِهٖ مَنْ مَنَّ اللهُ عَلَيْهِ بِمَعْرِفَةِ اَهْلِ بَيْتِيْ وَ وَلَايَتِهِمْ فَقَدْ جَمَعَ اللهُ لَهُ الْخَيْرَ كُلَّهٗ
Abu Qudaamah al-Faddaaee chronicles that the Messenger of Allah (peace be on him and his progeny) informed,
“Whosoever Allah obliges through the cognition of my Ahle Bait and their mastership, then indeed Allah has gathered for him all the goodness.”
1. Cognition and mastership of Ahle Bait (peace be on them) are obligations of Allah the Almighty upon His servants. That is, none can claim that he is eligible for these two great bounties.
2. All the goodness gathers in him implies that there is no deficit of goodness in him at all.
3. The best way to present ourselves for the increment of these two divine bounties is to acquaint ourselves with the traditions of the Ahle Bait (peace be on them) to the best of our ability and to serve them without any expectations of worldly benefits.
1. Al-Amaali of al-Shaikh al-Saduq (r.a.), p. 474, Majlis 72, H. 9
2. Behaar al-Anwaar, vol. 27, p. 88, H. 36