فِي كِتَابِ شَوَاهِدِ التَّنْزِيلِ مَرْفُوعاً اِلَى اَبِي اُمَامَةَ الْبَاهِلِيِّ قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللّهِ ﷺ اِنَّ اللهَ تَعَالَى خَلَقَ الْاَنْبِيَاءَ مِنْ اَشْجَارٍ شَتَّى وَ خُلِقْتُ اَنَا وَ عَلِيٌّ مِنْ شَجَرَةٍ وَاحِدَةٍ فَاَنَا اَصْلُهَا وَ عَلِيٌّ فَرْعُهَا وَ الْحَسَنُ وَ الْحُسَيْنُ ثِمَارُهَا وَ اَشْيَاعُنَا اَوْرَاقُنَا فَمَنْ تَعَلَّقَ بِغُصْنٍ مِنْ اَغْصَانِهَا نَجَا وَ مَنْ زَاغَ هَوَى وَ لَوْ اَنَّ عَبْداً عَبَدَ اللهَ بَيْنَ الصَّفَا وَ الْمَرْوَةِ اَلْفَ عَامٍ ثُمَّ اَلْفَ عَامٍ ثُمَّ اَلْفَ عَامٍ حَتَّى يَصِيرَ كَالشَّنِّ الْبَالِي ثُمَّ لَمْ يُدْرِكْ مَحَبَّتَنَا اَكَبَّهُ اللَّهُ عَلٰى مَنْخِرَيْهِ فِي النَّارِ ثُمَّ تَلَا قُلْ لا اَسْئَلُكُمْ عَلَيْهِ اَجْراً اِلَّا الْمَوَدَّةَ فِي الْقُرْبى
Al-Haakim al-Haskaani records on the authority of Abu Amaamah al-Baaheli who reports that the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him and his holy progeny) declared,
“Surely, Allah – the High – created the Prophets from various trees but I and Ali were created from one tree. So, I am its root, Ali is its branch, Hasan and Husain are its fruits and our Shiites are its leaves. Whoever fastens unto any of its branches will be saved and whoever deviates will be deviated. If a person worships Allah between Safaa and Marwah for a thousand years, then again a thousand years, till he becomes like a worn-out skin but does not love us, Allah will throw him on his face in the hell-fire.”
Then, he (peace be upon him) recited the verse of Surah Shura.
- The above tradition shows that Ali (peace be upon him) was not from the companions, narrators, students, etc. of the Holy Prophet (peace be upon him and his holy progeny), although all these traits fitted him. He was the self of the Holy Prophet (peace be upon him and his holy progeny).
- A good deed is a good deed but if it is performed in a blessed place, its value increases. Hence, the mention of the two blessed hills of Safaa and Marwah.
- Without the love of Ahle Bait (peace be upon him), all the worship is useless – regardless of its quantity – and the person is eligible for hell.
1. Behaar al-Anwaar, vol. 23, p. 230
2. Shawaahed al-Tanzeel under the verse