عَنْهُؑ قَالَ سَمِعْتُهُ يَقُولُ لَنَا اَعْيُنٌ لَا تُشْبِهُ اَعْيُنَ النَّاسِ وَ فِيهَا نُورٌ لَيْسَ لِلشَّيْطَانِ فِيهَا نَصِيبٌ
The narrator says, “I heard him (viz. Imam Sadeq a.s.) say,
‘We have eyes that are not similar to the eyes of the people. In it is a light and Satan has no share in it (i.e. there is no darkness or falsity or crookedness in it).”
1) As mentioned earlier, all the Imams (peace be upon them) are equal in general perfections like divine knowledge, mastership of the universe, mastership in the Shariah, traversing the earth in a flash, respect of all creatures for them, etc.
2) The Imams (peace be upon them) can see what other creatures cannot and their vision can never be wrong or misplaced because the Satan can never affect their vision. Whatever they see is reality per se, whether it belongs to the past, present or future.
3) When an Imam (peace be upon him) sees a man, he (peace be upon him) recognizes him vis-à-vis his lineage, his fate, etc.
4) Things being in front or behind, far or near, do not affect the Imam (peace be upon him) as his eyes have an encompassing vision due to the light of Allah the Almighty.
1. Behaar al-Anwaar, vol. 26, p. 66, H. 3
2. Al-Amaali of al-Shaikh al-Toosi (r.a.), p. 245, H. 427, 9th Majlis
3. Basaaer al-Darajaat, p. 419, H.1, Chapter 1