عَنْ اَبِي عَبْدِ اللهِؑ قَالَ قَالَ اَمِيرُ الْمُؤْمِنِينَؑ ذِكْرُنَا اَهْلَ الْبَيْتِ شِفَاءٌ مِنَ الْوَعْكِ وَ الْاَسْقَامِ وَ وَسْوَاسِ الرَّيْبِ وَ حُبُّنَا رِضَى الرَّبِّ تَبَارَكَ وَ تَعَالَى
Imam Jafar al-Sadeq (peace be upon him) informs that Ameer al-Momineen (Ali Ibn Abi Talib) (peace be upon him) said,
“The remembrance of us Ahle Bait (peace be upon them) is a cure from illnesses, ailments and insinuations of skepticism; and our love is the satisfaction of the Lord – Blessed and High be He.”
1) Remembrance implies any form of remembrance. For example, writing an eulogy/elegy or reciting it or listening to it or even organizing a gathering where eulogies or elegies are recited and people remember the progeny of the Holy Prophet (peace be upon him and his holy progeny).
2) One of the things highly recommended is to hold gatherings wherein the traditions and teachings of the Ahle Bait (peace be upon them) are discussed.
3) Scarcity of numbers must never be a deterrent in the organization of such meetings/classes/gatherings. Even two persons suffice to gain the above rewards. Nay! If nobody comes, the person can remember them (peace be upon him) alone.
4) Such remembrances are best defense from the insinuations of the Iblis, the worst being insinuating doubts in beliefs of a person.
5) “…cure from illnesses and ailments…” follows the same rules like that of taking the soil of Imam Husain (peace be upon him) as a cure from all kinds of ailments and diseases.
1. Al-Mahaasin, vol. 1, p. 62, Chapter 83, H. 107
2. Tafseer al-Furaat, p. 366
3. Behaar al-Anwaar, vol. 26, p. 227, H. 2
4. Wasaael al-Shiah, vol. 16, p. 348, Chapter 23, H. 21732