قَالَ رَسُولُ اللهِ ﷺ مَنْ اَرَادَ اَنْ يَحْيَا حَيَاتِي وَ يَمُوتَ مَوْتِي وَ يَدْخُلَ الْجَنَّةَ الَّتِي وَعَدَنِي رَبِّي فَلْيَتَوَلَّ عَلِيَّ بْنَ اَبِي طَالِبٍ وَ ذُرِّيَّتَهُ فَاِنَّهُمْ لَنْ يُخْرِجُوكُمْ مِنْ بَابِ هُدًى وَ لَمْ يُدْخِلُوكُمْ فِي بَابِ ضَلَالَةٍ
The Messenger of Allah (peace be on him and his progeny) informed,
“Whoever intends to live my life, die my death and enter the Paradise which my Lord has promised me, then he must accept the mastership of Ali Ibn Abi Talib (peace be on them both) and his progeny (peace be on them). For surely, they will never take you out from the door of guidance and did not cause you to enter in the door of deviation.”
1) Accepting the mastership of the Ahle Bait (peace be on them) is a guarantee for guidance and protection from misguidance.
2) It proves the infallibility of the Ahle Bait (peace be on them) like the famous and irrefutable Hadis-e-Thaqalain (Narration of the two precious things) and several other narrations.
3) In today’s times, accepting the mastership implies reading and understanding their traditions and teachings thoroughly in all sciences except the branches of religion, in which it is obligatory upon us to follow the edicts of the righteous scholars, who are the narrators of their (peace be on them) traditions.
4) It is also important that we impart their knowledge to only those who are worthy of it; believe in what they (peace be on them) have believed and be silent on which they (peace be on them) have maintained silence.
1. Bashaarah al-Mustafa (peace be on him and his progeny) le Shiah al-Murtaza (peace be on him), p. 52
2. Al-Seraat al-Mustaqeem, vol. 3, p. 232
3. Behaar al-Anwaar, vol. 27, p. 106, H. 76