عَنْ جَابِرٍ عَنْ اَبِي جَعْفَرٍ مُحَمَّدِ بْنِ عَلِيِّ بْنِ الْحُسَيْنِ عَنْ عَلِيِّ بْنِ الْحُسَيْنِ عَنْ اَبِيهِ ؑ قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللهُ ﷺ حُبِّي وَ حُبُّ اَهْلِ بَيْتِي نَافِعٌ فِي سَبْعَةِ مَوَاطِنَ اَهْوَالُهُنَّ عَظِيمَةٌ عِنْدَ الْوَفَاةِ وَ فِي الْقَبْرِ وَ عِنْدَ النُّشُورِ وَ عِنْدَ الْكِتَابِ وَ عِنْدَ الْحِسَابِ وَ عِنْدَ الْمِيزَانِ وَ عِنْدَ الصِّرَاطِ
Jabir Ibn Yazid al-Jo’fi (r.a.) reports from Imam Muhammad al-Baqir (peace be on him) vide his ancestors (peace be on them all) that the Messenger of Allah (peace be on him) said,
“My love and that of my Ahle Bait (peace be on them) will be beneficial in seven places whose fright is massive: at the time of death, in the grave, during resurrection, at the time of the presentation of scroll of deeds, during reckoning, at the scale and at the Bridge”
1) One of the differences between this world and the hereafter – apart from their subtleness and coarseness – is that everything of this world, its hearing is greater than its seeing but everything of the hereafter; its seeing is greater than its hearing.
2) The fear and fright of the hereafter is unimaginable for us today. We cannot handle the fright and fear of this world, then what can be said about the hereafter?
3) Love of the Holy Prophet (peace be on him and his progeny) and his Ahle Bait (peace be on them) implies following them to the maximum possible extent in beliefs and actions (i.e. acts of worship, ethics, family life, business dealings, etc.)
4) One must always plead with Allah the Almighty and beseech Him to keep him on the path of the Divine Proof (peace be on him) so that he always remains rightly guided.
1. Al-Amaali of al-Shaikh al-Saduq (r.a.), p. 10, H. 3, 3rd Majlis
2. Al-Khesaal, vol. 2, p. 360, H. 49
3. Kefaayah al-Athar, p. 108
4. Behaar al-Anwaar, vol. 27, p. 158, H. 3