عَنْ عَبْدِ اللهِ بْنِ الْفَضْلِ الْهَاشِمِيِّ قَالَ قَالَ اَبُو عَبْدِ اللهِؑ مَنْ قَالَ فِينَا بَيْتَ شِعْرٍ بَنَى اللهُ لَهُ بَيْتاً فِي الْجَنَّةِ
Abdullah Ibn al-Fazl al-Hashemi reports that Imam Abu Abdillah (al-Sadeq a.s.) said, “One who says a couplet in our eulogy, Allah will build for him a house in Paradise.”
1) This tradition shows the importance of Imamate and hence, the importance of saying a couplet in glory of Imamat.
2) Couplet is the minimum that can be said in a poem. But the reward is amazing.
3) It is not necessary that one should be the creator/writer of the poem. If someone recites the poems written by others, that too entails immense rewards. (Of course, one should not credit the poems written by others to himself for that is ethical theft, which is not permissible).
1. Oyoon Akhbaar al-Reza (peace be upon him), vol. 1, p. 7, H. 1
2. Bashaarah al-Mustafa (peace be upon him and his holy progeny) Le Shiah al-Murtaza (peace be upon him), p. 208
3. Behaar al-Anwaar, vol. 26, p. 231, H. 3
4. Wasaael al-Shiah, vol. 14, p. 597, H. 19891