عَنْ أَبِي عَبْدِ اللهِ عَلَيْهِ السَّلَامُ قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللهِ صَلَّي اللهُ عَلَيْهِ وَ آلِهٖ حَيَاتِي خَيْرٌ لَكُمْ وَ مَمَاتِي خَيْرٌ لَكُمْ فَأَمَّا حَيَاتِي فَإِنَّ اللهَ هَدَاكُمْ بِي مِنَ الضَّلَالَةِ وَ أَنْقَذَكُمْ مِنْ شَفَا حُفْرَةٍ مِنَ النَّارِ وَ أَمَّا مَمَاتِي فَإِنَّ أَعْمَالَكُمْ تُعْرَضُ عَلَيَّ فَمَا كَانَ مِنْ حَسَنٍ اسْتَزَدْتُ اللهَ لَكُمْ وَ مَا كَانَ مِنْ قَبِيحٍ اسْتَغْفَرْتُ اللهَ لَكُمْ فَقَالَ لَهُ رَجُلٌ مِنَ الْمُنَافِقِينَ وَ كَيْفَ ذَاكَ يَا رَسُولَ اللهِ وَ قَدْ رُمِمْتَ يَعْنِي صِرْتَ رَمِيماً فَقَالَ لَهُ رَسُولُ اللهِ صَلَّي اللهُ عَلَيْهِ وَ آلِهٖ كَلَّا إِنَّ اللهَ حَرَّمَ لُحُومَنَا عَلَى الْأَرْضِ فَلَا يَطْعَمُ مِنْهَا شَيْئاً
Imam Abu Abdillah (al-Sadeq – peace be on him) informs that the Messenger of Allah (peace be on him and his progeny) said,
“My life is good for you and my death is good for you. As for my life, surely Allah guided you through me from deviation and liberated you from the edges of the pits of fire. As for my death, then surely your deeds are presented to me; then whatever is good (from the deeds), I seek its increment from Allah for you and whatever is evil, I seek forgiveness from Allah for you.”
A man from the hypocrites asked, “How is this possible, O Messenger of Allah, while you will become dust (in your grave)?”
The Messenger of Allah (peace be on him and his progeny) told him,
“Nay! Surely Allah has prohibited our flesh on the earth due to which it will not eat anything from it.”
1. Basaaer al-Darajaat, p. 443, H. 3, Chapter 13
2. Man Laa Yahzorohu al-Faqeeh, vol. 1, p. 191, H. 582
3. Behaar al-Anwaar, vol. 22, p. 550, H. 2, Chapter 3 and vol. 27, p. 299, Chapter 6, H. 2
1) In the narration, the skeptic hypocrite is not named either by the narrators or the authors of the books.
2) The hypocrite doubted the life after death of the Messenger of Allah (peace be on him and his progeny). By the question, we can easily deduce that today’s Wahhabis are from the same category of hypocrites who doubted the Messenger of Allah (peace be on him and his progeny) and his numerous perfections.
3) One of these perfections is that their bodies will be safe from decay even after their death.
4) It is not surprising because in our narrations it is available that anyone who takes the ritual Friday bath regularly, even his body will be safe from decay in the grave.