عَنِ الرِّضَا عَنْ آبَائِهِ عَنِ الْحُسَيْنِ بْنِ عَلِيٍّ وَ مُحَمَّدِ بْنِ الْحَنَفِيَّةِ عَنْ أَمِيرِ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ صَلَوَاتُ اللهِ عَلَيْهِمْ أَجْمَعِينَ قَالَ سَمِعْتُ رَسُولَ اللهِ صَلَّي اللهُ عَلَيْهِ وَ آلِهٖ يَقُولُ تَخَتَّمُوا بِالْعَقِيقِ فَإِنَّهُ أَوَّلُ جَبَلٍ أَقَرَّ لِلهِ بِالْوَحْدَانِيَّةِ وَ لِي بِالنُّبُوَّةِ وَ لَكَ يَا عَلِيُّ بِالْوَصِيَّةِ
Imam al-Reza (peace be on him) reports vide his ancestors that Ameer al-Momineen (peace be on them all) said,
‘I heard the Messenger of Allah (peace be on him and his progeny say, ‘Wear the agate because it is the first mountain to acknowledge the unity of Allah, my Prophethood and your successorship, O Ali’.”
1. Oyoon Akhbaar al-Reza (peace be on him), vol. 2, p. 70, H. 324, Chapter 31
2. Behaar al-Anwaar, vol. 27, p. 280, H. 2, Chapter 17
1) The Holy Quran and the narrations of the infallible guides (peace be on them) have clearly talked about the previous worlds where all the creatures were examined by Allah the Almighty.
2) More than 40 verses and 200 traditions of these worlds.
3) Even the opponents of the Shias have acknowledged the examinations in the previous worlds
4) Each and every creature in these worlds – called by different names like the world of lights (انوار), the world of shadows (اشباح), the world of souls (ارواح), the world of particles (ذر), etc.
5) In one of such worlds, when the mountains were tested, the first to accept and acknowledge divine monotheism, Prophethood of the Holy Prophet (peace be on him and his progeny) and the successorship of Ameer al-Momineen and the infallible Imams after him (peace be on them all) was the agate (known as aqeeq in Arabic). 6) Just as there are grades of faith and disbelief among humans, the same applies for stones, vegetation and animals.