عَنْ عَلِيِّ بْنِ الْحُسَيْنِ عَنْ أَبِيهِ عَلَيْهِمُ السَّلَامُ قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللهِ صَلَّي اللهُ عَلَيْهِ وَ آلِهٖ مَا زِلْتُ أَنَا وَ مَنْ كَانَ قَبْلِي مِنَ النَّبِيِّينَ وَ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ مُبْتَلَيْنَ بِمَنْ يُؤْذِينَا وَ لَوْ كَانَ الْمُؤْمِنُ عَلَى رَأْسِ جَبَلٍ لَقَيَّضَ اللهُ عَزَّ وَ جَلَّ لَهُ مَنْ يُؤْذِيهِ لِيَأْجُرَهُ عَلَى ذَلِكَ وَ قَالَ أَمِيرُ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ عَلَيْهِ السَّلَامُ مَا زِلْتُ مَظْلُوماً مُنْذُ وَلَدَتْنِي أُمِّي
Imam Ali Ibn al-Husain (peace be on them both) reports from his father (peace be on him) that the Messenger of Allah (peace be on him and his progeny) informed, “I and all the Prophets before me and the believers were tested by those who troubled us. If a believer is on the peak of a mountain, Allah – Mighty and Majestic be He – will send someone for him who will trouble him so that he (i.e. the believer) gets the reward for it. Ameer al-Momineen (peace be on him) said, ‘I am oppressed from the day my mother gave birth to me’.”
1. Elal al-Sharaae’, vol. 1, p. 44, H. 3
2. Behaar al-Anwaar, vol. 27, p. 208, H. 4
3. Wasaael al-Shiah, vol. 12, p 123, H. 15833
1) The tradition clearly shows that there is a direct relation between a person’s connection with Allah the High and being troubled by the people.
2) The higher the position, the greater the trouble a person faces.
3) Difficulties and problems must not deter a person from performing his religious duty of propagation of welaayah of Ahle Bait (peace be on them).
4) Comfort does not belong to the elements of this world. Hence, whoever is looking for total comfort in this world is unwise because he is searching for a thing in a place which does not belong there. It’s like going to a bank to buy groceries.
5) Comfort belongs to paradise only. Hence, a wise man will perform only those actions which will ensure his place in paradise.