عَنْ أَبِي عَبْدِ اللَّهِ جَعْفَرِ بْنِ مُحَمَّدٍ (عَلَيْهِمَا السَّلَامُ)، قَالَ: …وَ كَانَ سَبَبُ وَفَاتِهَا أَنَّ قُنْفُذاً مَوْلَى عُمَرَ لَكَزَهَا بِنَعْلِ السَّيْفِ بِأَمْرِهِ فَأَسْقَطَتْ مُحَسِّناً وَ مَرِضَتْ مِنْ ذَلِكَ مَرَضاً شَدِيداً
Imam Sadeq (peace be on him) says,
“…The cause of her death was that Qunfudh (may Allah curse him), the slave of Umar, struck her with the base of the sword on the order of Umar due to which she miscarried Mohsin and became severely ill.”
1. Dalaael al-Imaamah, p. 45
2. Behaar al-Anwaar, vol. 43, p. 170, H. 11
1) The details of the martyrdom of the Holy Prophet’s (peace be on him and his progeny), Hazrat Fatemah Zahra (peace be on her) are well-recorded in the annals of history.
2) The crimes were so manifest that nobody can justify them on any grounds, whatsoever.
3) Unfortunately, nowadays, some of us too are afraid to name the killers of Hazrat Zahra (peace be on her) on the pretext of unity among Muslims. To such simpletons we would like to state that those who could not be loyal and faithful to the Holy Prophet (peace be on him and his progeny) and the infallible Ahle Bait (peace be on them), how do you expect loyalty and fidelity from such folks?